What you bring
Skills & Knowledge / Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering (or related) required by May 2023
- Successful completion of Fundamental of Engineering exam preferred
- A valid driver’s license required
- Previous civil engineering intern or co-op experience required
- Prior construction inspection experience preferred
- AutoCAD experience would be a plus
- A desire to learn more about municipal engineering in the consulting industry
- This position requires you to have authorization to work in the United States for any employer. We will not provide sponsorship for this position.
Who You Are:
- You work well with others. You share ideas and listen with open ears. You can listen to criticism and respectfully disagree with people. You help others succeed. You are comfortable working with colleagues and with busy leaders. You love seeing the team and company succeed.
- You are a strategic thinker. You see the big picture and the details. You help your team see opportunities, focus on goals, and make paths to success.
- You are a confident communicator. You can explain complicated things to people in a way that they can understand. You are confident in your communication and people have confidence in what you say.
- You think like an analyst. You know how to dig into problems, ask questions, find information, and help your team make good decisions.
Why MSA? We're glad you asked!
- Better Together – A collaborative work environment that promotes open doors, new ideas and honest opinions.
- Multi-disciplinary Opportunities – As multi-talented people in a multi-disciplinary firm, we encourage everyone to follow their interests, seek new experiences and apply their skills where they feel most impactful.
- We’ve Got Your Back – Support when you need it, independence when you don’t. We’re 400+ team members strong, operating as one cohesive MSA.
- Passion & Purpose – We’re passionate about what we do and proud of it! Join us to share inspirations, “geek out” and think big.
- Pay & Perks – We offer competitive industry pay and a variety of perks — just a few of the things that make us uniquely MSA.
- Communities of Practice – Our CoPs are our company think tanks and idea generators, the perfect means to regularly share, collaborate and learn together.
- Work-Life Integration – Life doesn’t stop when the work day begins. MSA supports our employees as professionals, parents, citizens and friends — with the understanding and flexibility to meet your obligations and balance your time.
- Commitment to Learning – We support the professional aspirations of our employees with ongoing training options, tuition reimbursement opportunities, and the technology to keep us connected, creative and competitive.
- Community Engagement – We give back to the communities in which we live, work and play. MSA employee owners are volunteers, educators, STEM outreach participants and event attendees, supported by dedicated corporate sponsorship and donations initiatives.
There’s more! Eligible employees will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Quality Insurance Options – Medical, dental and vision coverage for you, your spouse or domestic partner and eligible dependents — all starting on your date of hire (no waiting period).
- Paid Time Off – All full-time employees will receive, at minimum, 17 days (that’s 3+ weeks!) of paid time off in the first year alone.
- Paid Holidays – MSA offers time off pay for 8 holidays in every calendar year.
- Paid Parental Leave – Both parents will receive 2 weeks of paid time off and birth parents are eligible for additional paid time off under MSA’s Short Term Paid Leave. The paid 2 weeks of time also applies to adoption and foster care placement.
- Supplemental Insurance – MSA pays 100% for all employees to have life insurance, long-term disability insurance and short-term disability insurance.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – MSA is an ESOP S-Corporation, which means that our company is 100% owned by us! Through the ESOP, eligible employees receive MSA stock in the form of company shares as a percentage of compensation, at no cost to the employee.
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan – Employees can also choose to participate in a 401k plan, with a generous employer match that is immediately 100% vested.
- Short Term Incentive (STIP) – This program rewards employees who meet performance goals with a one-time annual STIP payment as a percentage of their eligible compensation — recognition of individual accomplishments and achieving organizational goals. STIP payments are awarded if MSA reaches its corporate financial plan for the year.
MSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. At MSA, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer